St. Louis Dangerous Product Injury Attorney
Legal Help for Victims of Product Liability
Most losses suffered in product liability cases are financial, but there are a number of accidents caused by defective products that have the potential to result in devastating injuries or even death. The type of product involved will affect the type of injuries suffered but any defective product can cause a serious injury. Missouri residents who are injured by a dangerous or defective product would be well-advised to contact a St. Louis personal injury lawyer to better understand their legal rights and options.
Types of Injuries Caused by Defective Products
Here are a few examples of catastrophic injuries suffered as a result of dangerous or defective products:
- Burn injuries: Some defective products that have been known to cause burn injuries include vehicles, microwaves, ovens, toasters, hair dryers, water heaters, and other appliances. Children’s pajamas may also be considered defective if they are not fire resistant.
- Head injuries: Defective auto parts are often involved in single-vehicle crashes that result in head injuries. When someone suffers a head injury in a car accident, it must be determined whether the seatbelt or airbag was defective. When a bicyclist or motorcyclist suffers a head injury while wearing a helmet, an investigation may be needed to determine if the helmet was defective.
- Spinal cord injuries: Devastating injuries to the back or neck can result in spinal cord damage. Defective products such as play sets, cribs, and scaffolds have the potentially to cause severe falls, which often result in spinal cord injuries or even death.
- Illness: Illnesses caused by defective products often involve consumables like food or medication. Foods that are contaminated with bacteria or harmful toxins may make consumers ill. Drugs that have adverse side effects can result in devastating illnesses that require expensive medical treatment and time away from work.
- Lacerations: Products that are sharp or that break-off may result in laceration injuries.
- Internal injuries: Permanent organ damage can result from defective products that cause severe blunt force trauma or defective products that are ingested.
Protecting Consumers’ Rights in Missouri
The resulting medical bills from an injury accident can land a victim and their family in a serious financial crisis. Unfortunately, medical bills are not the only types of damages suffered in defective product accidents. Victims may miss time from work or even suffer an injury that makes it impossible to return to work. Other victims may require constant medical attention or nursing care, prescription drugs, and physical therapy. Depending upon the circumstances of the accident, an injured victim may be able to hold the at-fault manufacturer liable for the damages suffered. Holding a corporation accountable for significant losses is not easy and it often requires a skilled attorney.
Attorneys at Page Law have a long history of getting injured victims the compensation they need and rightfully deserve from negligent manufacturers. We know how to prove liability and how to protect the legal rights of our clients. If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous or defective product, please contact us at (314) 322-8515 for a free consultation.
Have you or a loved one been involved in an
accident? Contact Page Law 24/7