St Louis Product Liability Lawyers
Legal Representation If You’ve Been Injured by a Defective Product
We all have certain rights as consumers. We have a right to expect the products we buy are designed and manufactured in a way that is safe for us and our families. When certain products pose dangers, even when they are used as intended, we expect to be warned by manufacturers about any possible dangers. Unfortunately, not all companies who design, manufacture, and distribute the products we use, live up to the legal requirements designed to safeguard us.
If you’ve been injured because of a dangerous or defective product, remember you have legal rights. At Page Law, we fight hard to obtain financial compensation for injured clients who have been seriously injured. Call us to find out how we can help you.
Understanding Product Liability
What is a defective product? A product that is improperly designed manufactured or marketed.
- Defective design means the product was designed with some built-in defect which makes it dangerous to consumers even if the manufacturing or assembly process was correct.
- Manufacturing defect happens when a product wasn’t manufactured according to safety specifications, or when some type of mistake happened when the product was built or put together.
- Defective marketing happens when the manufacturer fails to provide safe instructions for the use of the product or if adequate warnings weren’t given to the consumer.
To establish a product liability claim, you must prove the product was defective, that the defect existed before the manufacturer put the product in the market and the defect caused your injuries, damages and losses.
Protecting Your Rights in Missouri
There are a number of steps you can take in order to protect your rights if a defective product harms you:
- Keep the defective product for a complete investigation.
- Take photos of the product in question, as well as your injuries.
- Write down everything you remember about the incident.
- Seek out medical attention to document your injuries and what caused them.
- Save all invoices and receipts to show any losses you sustained as the result of the defective product.
- Contact an experienced Missouri product liability attorney who will work hard to help you receive maximum financial compensation for your losses.
Examples of Defective Products
There is an entire range of defective products that could result in serious injuries or even death. Here are just a few examples:
- Car or vehicle parts
- Medical devices
- Children’s toys
- Food products
- Children’s furniture
- Nursery products
Damages in a Missouri Product Liability Case
The value of your product liability claim depends on the nature and extent of the injuries and losses suffered. Injured victims can get financial compensation for damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Permanent injuries
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, etc.
You can also get financial compensation for lost future income or loss of livelihood if your injuries are catastrophic and prevent you from working. Family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim if a loved one was killed by a defective product.
The experienced Missouri personal injury attorneys at Page Law work hard to help injury victims get the compensation they are entitled to. Call us at (314)322-8515 for more information about pursuing your legal rights.
Have you or a loved one been involved in an
accident? Contact Page Law 24/7
Our firm has been featured on these stations:visit our video library
We Hold the Highest Possible Ratings and Memberships from the Professional Organizations that Matter Most:Awards & Memberships