St. Louis Premises Liability Lawyer
Compensation for Premises Liability Injuries
Premises liability injury accidents can happen just about anywhere. Property owners who fail to provide safe conditions for visitors run the risk of facing civil litigation if and when an accident occurs on their premises. Injured victims may suffer a wide range of injuries and it is not always easy for them to receive fair compensation for their losses. If you have been injured while on someone else’s property, please call an experienced Missouri premises liability attorney right away to discuss your legal rights and options.
Common Causes of Premises Liability Injuries
It is important to remember that not all injury accidents result in a viable premises liability claim. The property owner must have contributed to the accident in some way in order to be held liable for the damages. Hazardous situations that may qualify for a valid premises liability claim include:
- Broken staircases that the property owner failed to repair
- Slippery floors about which visitors are not warned
- Negligent or dangerous employees who the property owner failed to screen properly before hiring
- Criminal activity directly related to a failure by the property owner to increase security
- Holes and other dangerous conditions that should have been repaired or at least clearly marked
Types of Injuries
Victims of Missouri premises liability accidents may suffer from any of the following:
- Bumps and bruises: Minor injuries are commonly suffered in slip and fall accidents. These types of injuries rarely require medical treatment or civil litigation, but injured victims would be well advised to seek medical attention to ensure that their injuries are not serious.
- Lacerations: When sharp objects are lying about or in areas where visitors can easily cut themselves, a serious laceration injury may occur. This type of injury often requires medical treatment and even surgical procedures to repair.
- Sprained wrists and ankles: Property owners are responsible for fixing uneven carpets and cracked floors. Visitors walking over these hazardous conditions may twist their ankle or hurt their wrist while bracing themselves during the fall.
- Broken bones: Victims of slip and fall accidents may break bones in their arm, hand, shoulder or leg. Many elderly victims of slip and fall accidents suffer life-changing hip fractures from which they may never fully recover.
- Head injuries: If the victim falls and hits his or her head, there is the potential for a fractured skull or even a traumatic brain injury. There is a wide range of symptoms for these types of head injuries including mild headaches, blurred vision and a permanent loss of physical or mental ability.
- Spinal cord damage: When someone twists their back violently or falls in a way that strains their neck, there is the chance for spinal cord damage. Victims of spinal cord injuries may suffer debilitating back pain or even paralysis.
Missouri Victims’ Rights
Property owners often dispute claims regarding their negligence. So, injured victims are forced to fight back through civil litigation. Our experienced St. Louis premises liability attorneys know how to hold at-fault property owners responsible for the accidents that occur on their premises. Call Page Law today at (314) 322-8515 to schedule your free and comprehensive consultation.
Have you or a loved one been involved in an
accident? Contact Page Law 24/7
Our firm has been featured on these stations:visit our video library
We Hold the Highest Possible Ratings and Memberships from the Professional Organizations that Matter Most:Awards & Memberships