Missouri Elderly Fall Accident Lawyer
Protecting the Rights of Elderly Slip and Fall Injury Victims
The elderly are particularly vulnerable to suffering serious injury from falling accidents. If your loved one has suffered a serious or even fatal injury from a falling accident in Missouri, you would be well advised to discuss your legal options with a skilled premises liability attorney.
Injuries Resulting from Slip and Fall Accidents
Moderate to severe falling accident injuries include lacerations, wrist and hip fractures and head trauma. A report by the Rheumatic Diseases Clinics of North America found that the most common bones that are fractured in a slip and fall or trip and fall incident are the spine, hip, leg, ankle, forearm, pelvis, upper arm and hand. Even victims who do not suffer a physical injury may be traumatized from the experience and develop a fear of falling.
Slip and Fall Accident Prevention in the Home
Here are a few important tips to help prevent slip and fall accidents at home:
- Staying healthy by eating right and exercising is the best way to prevent a falling accident.
- Elderly patients who are taking medications would be well advised to discuss with their doctor if any of their pills cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Walkways and hallways should be kept clear of debris.
- Grab bars and railings should be installed on staircases, doorways, bathrooms and anywhere else where walking may be difficult.
- It is in the best interest of the elderly to consume adequate amounts of calcium and vitamin D and to receive screenings for osteoporosis.
Missouri Nursing Home Slip and Fall Accidents
Nursing care facilities are obligated to provide reasonably safe living conditions and to do their best to prevent falling accidents. Railings must be provided in the hallways. Patients who have difficulty walking must be provided supervision and assistance. Walkways must be kept clear and sidewalks and staircases must be properly maintained.
St. Louis Elderly Fall Accident Attorneys Representing Injured Victims in Missouri
Depending on the circumstances of the falling accident, compensation may be available for the victim or the victim’s family. Losses such as medical bills, hospitalization, surgery and rehabilitation may be covered through a premises liability claim if negligence played a part in the accident. Our experienced St. Louis accident attorneys handle all types of slip and fall accident cases throughout Missouri. If your loved one has been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, please contact our law offices for a free and comprehensive consultation today at (314) 322-8515.
- Show Me Fall Free Missouri – Falls and Fall-Related Injuries Among Older Adults
- Older Adult Falls – CDC
Have you or a loved one been involved in an
accident? Contact Page Law 24/7
Our firm has been featured on these stations:visit our video library
We Hold the Highest Possible Ratings and Memberships from the Professional Organizations that Matter Most:Awards & Memberships