St. Louis Child Injury Attorneys
Child Accident Lawyers in Missouri
As a parent, the safety, protection, and health of your child are your greatest priority. Children are vulnerable in so many ways these days. As a guardian, it’s important to be extremely vigilant. As a child grows and gains increasing independence, they spend less and less time under your watchful eyes. When we trust our child’s safety and wellbeing to a school faculty or other childcare professional, we of assume they will be safe. If your child has been injured, whether in your care or the care of another (babysitter, teacher, coach, etc.), it’s important to contact an experienced child injury lawyer.
The St Louis injury attorneys at Page Law have been representing accident victims for many years. We are child safety advocates who pursue injury cases with the passion of a parent. We are available to talk with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Just call (314) 322-8515 for a free consultation.
The Statistics are Sobering
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Childhood Injury Report reinforces how vulnerable children can be. For children aged 0 through 19 in the U.S.:
- There are over 14 million injuries each year
- These injuries resulted in 9.2 million emergency room visits
- Males are more likely to suffer injuries than females
- Falls were the leading cause of nonfatal injuries
- For children under one year old, falls accounted for 50 percent of all injuries
- As many as 250,000 children are injured in traffic accidents each year
- More than a quarter of all child injuries occurred on or around school property
Some of the more common nonfatal injuries include:
- Animal attack or dog bite
- Sports injuries
- Swimming pool injuries
- Injuries on playground equipment
- Fireworks injuries
- Injuries due to defective toys or children’s products
- Food poisoning and allergic reactions
Who Can Be Held Liable for Child Injuries in Missouri?
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the injury, any number of parties can be found liable: the manufacturer of a defective toy, the owner of a dog that bit a child, another driver, the parents of another child, a homeowner who left the gate to a pool open, a school district that provided inadequate or poorly trained supervision. In short, many party’s found negligent can be held liable for a child’s injury.
As a parent, your child’s full and speedy recovery is your greatest concern. Proper medical treatment is vital and can be expensive. If your child is injured, he or she may be entitled to the following damages from the liable party:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of wages due to work missed
- Physical therapy
- Permanent disfigurement
- Funeral and burial costs (in the case of wrongful death)
Child injury cases can be complex and often involve many litigants. For this reason, it’s recommended you contact an expert child injury attorney if you believe you have a claim. The attorneys at Page Law can help you with your child’s claim—both in Missouri and Illinois.
It is our sincere hope that you never need our services, but in the unfortunate event you do, call us at (314) 322-8515.
- Keeping Your Child Safe in the Car: An Overview
- During Pregnancy, Protect Two Lives by Wearing a Seat Belt
- Can I Re-Use a Child Seat After A Minor Missouri Car Crash?
- National Action Plan for Child Injury Prevention
- Protect Your Child from Injury
Personal Injury FAQs
Have you or a loved one been involved in an
accident? Contact Page Law 24/7
Our firm has been featured on these stations:visit our video library
We Hold the Highest Possible Ratings and Memberships from the Professional Organizations that Matter Most:Awards & Memberships