Product Liability Lawyers in Franklin County
Product Liability Claim
Do you know anyone that has been injured in Franklin County, MO by a dangerous or defective product? These types of traumatic injury accidents can cause significant injuries, damages and losses. In such cases, compensation may be available to the injured victim by filing a product liability claim. Holding the manufacturer of a defective product liable for injuries or damages is often a complicated process that requires the assistance of an experienced product liability lawyer in Missouri.
What Makes a Product Defective?
Simply being injured by a product does not merit a product liability case. Injured victims must prove that a product is defective in some way.
- Defective design: Some products are inherently dangerous. These types of products have defective design and may be recalled or discontinued if enough people file a complaint.
- Defective manufacturing: This is when a product is normally safe for consumers but a specific group of products made during a specific time period are dangerous. For example, a defectively manufacturing steering assembly in a car may cause the driver to lose steering control.
- Defective marketing: In a product liability case, “marketing” is not confined to the way a product is sold. The term “marketing” includes what a product claims to do and what dangers the product may present. For example, if a product has potentially harmful ingredients or parts, the consumer must be warned of the dangers. A failure to properly warn consumers of a potential danger is defective marketing.
How Do You Prove That a Defective Product Injured You?
There are three important steps you must take to prove your product liability case. You will have to show that:
- A product is defective in some way
- You suffered an injuries and losses
- Your injury was caused by the defective product
Proving these three aspects is not always easy. If you have been injured by a defective product, it would be in your best interest to seek medical attention. This will not only increase the chances of a complete and speedy recovery, but it also creates a medical record that documents the injuries suffered. It may also help to preserve the defective product in its damaged state. Take photos of the product and of the injuries suffered. Take the time to write down everything you are going through and how the injuries are affecting your life. It may also help to do some research about the product online. Anyone considering filing a claim that wants to ensure that their rights are protected would also be well advised to seek assistance from a skilled product liability attorney.
Contact Our Franklin County Product Liability Attorneys
Our skilled Franklin County personal injury attorneys handle all types of product liability cases in Missouri. Our experienced lawyers provide free case evaluations to anyone injured by a defective product. Call us today for a no-cost consultation and case evaluation.
I always offer free consultations for personal injury cases. You may not need a lawyer to handle your injury case, but you should at least get a free consultation to determine if you do.
Also, if I agree to handle your case, I handle it on a contingent basis. This means you don’t pay a fee unless I win your case.
Call (314) 322-8515 at any time (24 hours a day/7 days a week) to schedule your free consultation. You can also send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you in need of an experienced, highly rated law firm? Contact Page Law 24/7
Call: (800) 227-2727
7 Deadly Mistakes That Will Wreck Your Auto Accident Case
Download our helpful Auto Accident Guide including bonus checklist, written by attorney John J. Page.Download Now